Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Digital Story



I was so happy to learn a little about imovie.  I have never used it before. Coming into this unit I had zero knowledge about imovie.  And honestly, the thought of trying to use it was very intimidating.  Now, I feel I have some of the basics down.  Although, I also learned enough to know that there is still a lot more that I don't know.  For example, I wanted to remove a photo that I had originally put into the program and I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I did figure out how to replace it.  Otherwise I might have started all over!  Sad to say.  I definitely did learn enough to be brave enough to try it again and try to go more in depth with my next imovie project.

I had fun with this project.  I think it's a great way to review information.  For example, the way I used it in this project was as a how to.  In this instance I would teach the lesson in class and then use the video as a great tool for students to be able to review the process.

This video is useful for a unit on visual culture where we talk about the importance of knowing that professional photos show unrealistic standards of beauty.  They are fun, but it's great to have the information and be informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment