Thursday, April 4, 2013

Digital Diagram

This week we worked on the digital diagrams.  Over all I liked this project.  It is a simple tool, but I can see how it could be useful in the classroom.
Personally, even though this project was fairly simple and straightforward I had more problems with it than I have had with any of the other project so far, just as far as the requirements were concerned.  For example, it was difficult for me to think of a concept in art with three subsets and three or more subdivisions.  I actually made four rough drafts on paper before I came up with my final concept.  And then there was of course the controversial issue of the textbook.  In my art ed classes we have never used a textbook at all for planning any of our lessons.  So the first time I have been asked to even look at an art textbook has been for this class.  Secondly, I felt that the rubric was unclear as to the purpose of the textbook/when it was needed.  And then also I haven't been able to get my file to load to my website.  I have tried Safari and Firefox, multiple computers, and uploading from my desktop or from dropbox, all to no avail.
All in all, it's been an interesting learning experience.  It's good to be exposed to new and different tools.  If my school owns this software I may use it if I see a good fit for it.  However, I think for my teaching area, it wouldn't be commonly useful.


No comments:

Post a Comment